My chosen brief is Brief 3: Magazines and Online. The four areas of the media theoretical framework are Media Language, Audiences, Institutions and Representations. The brief states I must create the first two editions of a new fashion magazine for Bauer Media. I will be creating two front covers, two contents pages, and a website for my magazine. I will use media language in my first front covers through the use of bold fonts, black text for the mastheads and main article stories and red text to empathise certain details to create a focus of the audience. This all meets the requirements of the brief. I intend to create my website with a hyperlinked page and a advertisement video attached onto the home page. This is for the distribution of my magazine, according to the brief.
I am following the brief and using research I have collected, in order to represent different social groups ( class, ethnicity, age etc). This means that all audiences will be attracted to my magazine, and my products I create will support Bauer Media morals. I aim to make my two contents pages significantly different in their design, through the use of the media language, with different images, texts, colour schemes and layouts. I hope that by doing this I can create certain representations about my Fashion Magazine " A La Mode", attracting my target audience with the media language, which therefore supports the media institution, Bauer. I plan on having 2different colour schemes for the products that I will create, one being white, black, and red, which have classy, expensive and fashionable connotations, and another being a dusty blue/turquoise, which is on trend, matching the clothes of the model pictures that I intend to use. I came to the conclusions of using these two different colour schemes after doing extensive research into popular fashion and lifestyle magazines, such as Vogue and Elle.
Product 2
I want to be unique with my designs, but still stick to common trends and themes, in order to gain a wide audience for my magazine and website, of people aged 16-25 in the A and B categories, as the brief states that my products must be for a culturally sophisticated demographic. For this reason, I have decided to include a giveaway competition of a trip to Paris to interact with this audience and help relate to them. This is because this is something that people of the AB social class demographic will be interested in. I have decided that i am going to use a white background and certain font styles and sizes on my magazine as part of my mise en scene. Another feature i am going to use on my website is on the slogan " In Fashion Style " i have replaced the F with an Eiffel Tower to emphasise the theme of my product.
For the video on my website, which is my form of distribution of my magazine, I am going to take small clips of my models, behind the scenes when we are taking pictures, or footage of fashionable outfits, and makeup / close up shots. I intend to merge them all together and add music which will interest my target audience, for example Pop music. The video will show small snippets of what will be included in my magazine, in order to entice the audience into following my products. This will also communicate meaning of my magazine.
How do you intend to link your media products to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of the digitally convergent nature of your media production?
Firstly, there will be many ' Easter Eggs' placed throughout my magazine, which refers to my website, due to the fact the brief states that my media products should be digitally convergent, as this will be appropriate for modern society, create brand loyalty and push readers of the website to read the magazine also, and vice versa. An example of this is stating how readers can find more information on stories in the magazine by going to our website. In addition to this, on my second contents page, I have wrote all social media details for ' A La Mode', including the website, and applications such as Instagram and twitter.



No comments:
Post a Comment